Most staff members are certified in basic first aid and CPR, and some are certified in Wilderness First Aid.

Assistant Director Annie Cohen manages the first aid center, including the administration of all camper medications, and handles minor cuts, stings, etc., but any serious problems will be attended by the emergency staff at Winchester Medical Center or at Valley Health Urgent Care facilities. For any injury that may warrant a visit to the doctor, or a fever elevated above 100 degrees F, the staff will call parents/guardians/emergency contacts. When speed is of the essence, treatment may take priority over, or be simultaneous to contact efforts.

We rarely need to use it, but nonetheless you should note that, as with most camps, our insurance is excess insurance.

The Health Form includes several sections. We recommend that you keep a copy of the completed form for yourself, just in case. We have no doctor or nurse on staff, so help us do our job well by filling out the sections as requested:

  • The entire front page must be updated annually by the parent/guardian and camper.
  • The immunization history on the top back page must be updated annually, by the parent/guardian or doctor’s office. Please fill in the table, and sign the appropriate statement, rather than sending separate papers.
  • We only require the health exam section (completed by a physician) if your child has a medical condition needing attention or will be taking prescription medications while at camp. The exam has to have been within 12 months of the child attending camp. We will accept only BCWS health forms.
  • If your child needs no medical attention (as above), we do require that s/he has seen a doctor within 24 months before attending camp. You need only sign to state that this is true.
  • For children taking prescription medications at camp, the Medication Forms (separate sheets from the health form) must be filled out and signed by you and your child’s doctor within 12 months of your child’s camp session.
  • Note that while many will not be bringing prescription medications, you probably will want to sign Section 1 (no doctor signature needed) which allows us to administer over-the-counter medications.
  • Please attach a copy of your insurance card, front and back, with the subscriber’s date of birth written in.

When printing out camp forms, please consider the environment — and our filing cabinet — and print 2-page items on both sides.

Information and forms for Adult Weekenders can be found on the Adult Weekend  page.