Local Hotels and B&Bs
The closest options for overnight stays are all about 45 minutes away from BCWS.
- Many hotels are located near the intersection of Routes 50 and 81, easy to research on line.
- One hotel one the western side of Winchester VA has been popular with a number of parents, and it is the closest hotel to our camp: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58318-d613064-Reviews-Courtyard_by_Marriott_Winchester-Winchester_Virginia.html
- If you want something a bit more luxurious, several BCWS folks have enjoyed their stay at The Washington Hotel, which is an easy stroll from the pedestrian mall in the historic section of Winchester VA: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/virginia/winchester/the-george-washington-a-wyndham-grand-hotel/hotel-overview
- In recent years, BCWS parents have stayed atJust Far Enough Getaway, near Augusta WV: http://www.justfarenough.com/
- For other possibilities in Hampshire County, WV: http://www.cometohampshire.com/bbs-and-cabins
Eating options in Capon Bridge, WV
Two places patronized regularly by BCWS folks are right on Route 50 in Capon Bridge:
- Anthony Jr Pizza: http://www.anthonysjr.com/
- El Puente Mexican Restaurant: http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-puente-family-mexican-restaurant-capon-bridge
- A new favorite of the BCWS staff is the River House, if you happen through at the right time: https://www.theriverhousewv.org/food-drink/
And whenever we can find a good excuse we stop by local food sources:
- The Farmer’s Daughter: http://www.farmersdaughterwv.com is on Route 50 in Capon Bridge.
- Smith’s Orchard fruit stand, which is just 5 minutes west of Dillon’s Run Rd on Route 50. The fruit all comes from their orchard on Cooper Mt.
(Or you could use the same approach as this fellow, and hunt crawdads out of the stream for dinner….)